Event No. 1


Event No. 1:

            Hazrat Anas bin Maalik (رضی اللہ تعالی عنہ) narrates:

                We were sitting with the Messenger of Allah (صلی اللہ علیہ والہ وسلم) when He (صلی اللہ علیہ والہ وسلم) said: Now a man will come to you, who is from the people of Paradise. After a while an Ansari Sahabi entered. The drops of ablution (wadu) were dripping from his beard, and he was holding shoes in his left hand. Next day the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ والہ وسلم) repeated the same thing, and the same Sahabi came as on the first day. When the third day came, He (صلی اللہ علیہ والہ وسلم) said the same again, and then the same Sahabi came.

When the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ والہ وسلم) left, then Hazrat Abdullah bin Umar (رضی اللہ تعالی عنہ), went after that Sahabi and said to him: I had a fight with my father, and I have decided not to go to him for three days. Can I stay with you? He said: Of course.

Hazrat Abdullah bin Umar (رضی اللہ تعالی عنہ) said: that he stayed with him for three nights. He did not see that he woke up for Qiyam Al-Lail (night prayers), except that when his eyes opened, he would remember Allah and recite Takbeer while lying in bed, until the Fajr prayer.

Hazrat Abdullah bin Umar (رضی اللہ تعالی عنہ) further said: Yes, and except that I heard him speak only good things.

When three nights passed, and I did not see anything special in his actions, then I said to him: O servant of Allah, I was neither angry with my father nor abandoned the relationship. I heard the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ والہ وسلم) saying three times about you: ‘‘Now a person will come to you who will be from the people of Paradise.’’ You came all three times. I thought I'd stay and spend a little time with you and observe what special action you do. That's why I followed you. But I didn't see you performing any special action. Now tell me, what is the action that brought you to the position that the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ والہ وسلم)  has described?

He said: I do nothing except what you have seen. 

I started to go back (with permission), then he called me, and said: I do nothing other than what you have seen… but yes, I have no evil or malice in my heart for any Muslim, nor do I envy anyone for what Allah has given him.

Hazrat Abdullah bin Umar (رضی اللہ تعالی عنہ) said: That's all the perfection you have.

Reference [مسند احمد]

Moral: On behalf of every Muslim, keep your heart clean, do not harbour any kind of enmity, grudge or malice, evil in the heart, and do not be jealous of anyone . . . this is such a high act that he (Sahabi) received the tidings of Paradise three times from the Prophet (صلی اللہ علیہ والہ وسلم).

Comments